Monday, March 9, 2009

Events-My Seventeenth Birthday (:

I honestly don't know why I complain sometimes. When I look back, I wanna smack myself over and over again for being so pessimistic and materialistic at times. Because usually, for some strange reason I feel as if no one likes me and I'm just a loner in a sea of fakes. Yeah. It's stupid. But it's days like these where I know that I'm just complaining about nothing. It's days like these where I feel all of my pessimism fading away and to put it in a corny way, it's like I'm floating on a cloud. And the only bad part is, it's days like these where everything goes so well that time flies so you don't have enough time to enjoy it.
Today was my seventeenth birthday. It was kind of funny because usually, at 5:50 in the morning, I hit my alarm and then hit it a few more times because I keep giving up and going back to sleep. But it seemed as if I was sleeping with one eye open or something because I felt awake but I wasn't. Can't really explain it right but oh well. Anyways....the moment that clock hit 5:50 "Right Round" by Timbaland (I think) started going off because I always set my alarm clock to KIISFM (and yes I remembered the song...sue me) Anyway it started going off and I felt as if I just woke up with a static shock and literally rolled/jumped out of my bed, hit the off button on my alarm clock and was out the door into the shower before 5 seconds had even passed. No kidding. And then the shower took about 10 minutes which is pretty standard for me. When I went back to my room from my shower, I immediately felt the head rush and sleepiness from my freakout at 5:50 so I instantly knocked out on my bed for about 8 minutes. Then I woke up again and started to get ready for my day. MYYYYY DAY! When I got to school, I went to the library and sat there for who knows how long because Peter and Siobhan were having a slow day as they always do on Mondays. (Don't give me that look Peter, you guys DO have slow days on Mondays) And I was distracted while I was doodling on a piece of paper when these two faces just pop out at me and it's Pebhan. Peter gave me my new digital picture frame which is playing now as I type. Siobhan gave me this beautiful colorful keychain (which looks better than Peter's) Then Robert came all hyper on something and gave me this really great letter. When I bumped into Pattie and Tara later, they gave me balloons and an awesome homemade card, and a cute sundress. The day went really well and I was enjoying myself. Thankfully, I finished my homework so at lunch I was able to relax and goof off with my crew and Michael, Ashish, and Daniel. Lots of laughs with those guys around..I'm not even kidding (: After school, Kathleen gave me the most gorgeous bracelet I've ever seen in my life. I'm planning on wearing it soon if I can find something to wear it with. After school from 3 - 5:30 I was with the rest of the PC officers getting some things ready for Project DB. That was the only frustrating stressful thing that happened today but it's okay because it didn't really bother me all that much. So Bes gave me a ride home and then I spent the rest of my alone time trying to figure out how my digi picture frame works (which it now does) Then when the rest of my family came home, my dad took me to Albertsons to buy a cake of my choosing (Full out chocolate cake with melted chocolate and caramel on the inside, chocolate frosting, and caramel/Snickers on the top YUMMM) and brought it home. Tried some parallel parking and unfortunately failed BIGTIME but whatever. When we got home, our family ate together and then we lit the candles and I was treated to really bad singing on my family's part but it was still enjoyable :D Then I blew out my candles (not before I made my wish) and we ate. Then I finished the rest of my day with finishing my homework and now this.
What's making me feel like I'm floating on air and not pessimistic and WANTING to slap myself for being pessimistic is after looking at the 26+ (they're still coming) people (some of which I don't exactly talk to on a normal basis) who took the time to wish me a 'happy birthday' on facebook and other means of internet communication, I realize, I'm not that bad off. I've got good health, healthy friends, healthy family, a good home, my grades are going up, and I'm just generally better off then many people. And all this time I've just wanted more. But now that I realize this, I'm not so paranoid anymore. I really do love my life. This is the main thing that made my day so happy: It's that I was reminded of how good my life really is. How people DO care about me, they just probably don't show it. How I've just either been expecting too much or being overly paranoid like I usually am. And it's going to stop. The next time my pessimism takes over, I want to do my best to keep in mind on what I have going for me. If not, well, there's always my next birthday LOL
Well I'm tired. Tomorrow's a late start but I still want to get some sleep. Which means I'm too lazy to include my horoscope. Well suck it!(:


THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!! to all the people who contributed to making my birthday so happy and fun and also making me feel happy as well. (In both big ways and small ways of course) These are one of the days I'll never forget. I can't say thanks enough. THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!!!!! I love you guys<3

No comments:

Post a Comment